House mold is a problem that you need to watch out for. If you do not guard your home against house mold, not only will you end up with severe health problems for both you and your family, but you may also end up with irreparable damages to your house.
The problem with mold is that it is everywhere. The air carries it inside your house. If it is continually damp inside your house and it is not properly ventilated, it is a prime candidate for house mold colonies. Sometimes, you will never know that you have mold in your house until it is too late.
How then will you know that you have mold in your house? Here are common symptoms of mold inside a house.
Tangible Symptoms of Mold
Some cases of mold infestation in a building are very much visible and discernible that it is not necessary to actually look for them. The places where these mold colonies form are usually the places that are most exposed to dampness.
You would know that there is mold in your house when:
1. There is a stale and musty odor pervading inside your house.
2. The stale and musty odor clings to the fabric you use at home – your curtains, linens and clothes – even when they have just been washed.
3. There are speckles of black and white appearing on various surfaces in your house, especially in areas near the water filter or the water softener tank.
4. There are crystalline substances present on your ceiling or in your basement.
5. The speckles and the crystalline substances keep reappearing no matter how often you clean them.
6. The cardboard items in your basement, attic or garage feel damp.
7. The wooden parts of the structure of your house are soggy.
Invisible Symptoms of Mold
It is also possible for you to have mold in your house even if you cannot see any visible signs of them. Mold that you cannot see in your house is actually more alarming because it will manifest as symptoms of illnesses on you or any member of your family, especially those who are already afflicted with asthma or allergies in the first place.
You would know that you have mold in your house even if you cannot see it if you or any member of your family is experiencing the symptoms listed below.
1. You constantly find yourself sneezing and coughing or having a runny or clogged nose whenever you are inside the house, but these symptoms clear whenever you are away from home.
2. If you have asthma or any respiratory problems, these problems seem aggravated whenever you are at home.
3. You get rashes or skin irritations for no apparent reason.
4. Your eyes, nose or throat feel irritated.
5. You feel restless whenever you are at home.
6. You experience varying degrees of headache while you are inside the house.
7. You feel fatigued without really exerting yourself.
When you see any signs or symptoms of mold in your house, it is important that you act upon it immediately such as doing a mold test at home. If you ignore your mold problem, you will be endangering the health of the people around you as well as run the risk of damaging your home permanently.