8 Ways to Announce Your Pregnancy to Your Partner
Have you just found out the news and are you looking for some great ways to convey the good news to your partner? Here are a few wonderfully cute, funny and romantic ways to break the news to him.
• Dinner for Two With a Special Twist: Take your partner to your favorite restaurant (this will require a little pre-planning with the wait staff) and order the wine list. When your partner opens the list, he’ll find that the only vintage available is “the very best blend of two special people”. When he asks you what that is, tell him the news.
• Pampering and Special News: Run him a nice bath after a long day at work, complete with scented candles and a few rubber duckies in the tub! When he asks you about the duckies and what are they doing in there, let him know he’s breaking them in them for the baby.
• Care Package with a Surprise: If your partner is away on leave, gather together a few little baby toys in pink and blue and a small baby name book. Put them in with some of your partner’s favorite things along with a little note telling him the good news.
• Father’s Day: If you find out the news around father’s day, plan a nice candlelight dinner at home and place a special father’s day card next to his plate. If he is scheduled to be working that day, send him a balloon and flowers to celebrate his being a daddy.
• Baby’s First Picture: If you are superstitious, wait until you have the baby’s first sonogram, frame it and wrap it up as a present with a nice dinner for two. This is especially great on anniversaries, birthdays and on holidays if the dates coincide.
• Do it the DIY Way: Stop by a hardware store and pick up two small cans of paint, one pink and one blue. Then tape off a section of the wall and paint a message and/or design in the colors that indicates there’s a baby on the way. Bring your husband into the room and ask him if he’ll help you finish the nursery.
• The Twist Ending: If you are both big movie fans put together a DVD collection of some of your favorite moments together using pictures and/or videos from the past to play after a movie. At the end of the DVD put in a clip of you doing something that indicates there’s a baby on the way. This can be shots of you holding the test, shots of you shopping at a baby store, holding cards that slowly reveal the news or a short video of you telling him the news.
• Propose Fatherhood: Have fun with it and pretend you’re proposing to him. Take him somewhere nice like a favorite restaurant or other favorite place and give him a box that contains a gift for fathers. It could be a necklace, a t-shirt, a plaque, a special Christmas ornament if it’s near the holidays or a valentine with a small baby figurine inside. The goal is to make it romantic, make him feel loved and ask him to be a father to your child the same way that your partner asked you to be his spouse.