Substance abuse is rampant in many parts of the country. With the New York City and Long Island areas being one of the more populous places in the USA, statistics for drug and alcohol dependence tend to become relatively significant.
The Nassau County Department of Drug and Alcohol Addiction (NCDDAA) initiates its own substance abuse intervention services as well as in coordination with key medical centers in the county. Their Substance Alternative Clinic is run within the Nassau University Medical Center.
• Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program
Nassau University Medical Center
2201 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, New York 11554
In Suffolk County, the Department of Health Services’ Community Mental Hygiene Services coordinates substance abuse programs of the county government. It runs two methadone maintenance treatment facilities.
• Hauppauge Intake and Maintenance Program
200 Wireless Blvd. Hauppauge
• East End Methadone Maintenance Program
County Center, Riverhead
There are many other drug rehabilitation centers in the Nassau-Suffolk area.
• Alternatives East End Counseling Project
Alternatives Counseling DF Outpatient
Southampton, New York
Riverhead, New York
• South Oaks Hospital
400 Sunrise Highway, Amityville, New York 11701
• Melillo Center for Mental Health
113 Glen Cove Avenue, Glen Cove, New York 11542
If you are looking for a susbtance abuse rehabilitation center in your area, you can also check TestCountry.com Drug Rehabilitation Centers section.
- Drug Rehabilitation Centers in Nassau – Suffolk Counties
- Drug Testing Centers in Nassau – Suffolk Counties
- Medical Centers in Nassau – Suffolk Counties
- Medical Testing Centers in Nassau – Suffolk Counties
- Nassau County, Suffolk County, North Shore, South Shore
- STD Testing Centers in Nassau – Suffolk Counties
- Steroid Testing Centers in Nassau – Suffolk Counties