Each year, more and more children fall into the many traps of drug abuse. Even children as young as ten years old have started experimenting with illegal drugs, most of which they pick up from their peers in school. Some even smoke marijuana at home and keep their stash in places undetected by parents.
Keep your children safe from the dangers of drug abuse by becoming a more vigilant guardian. There are a lot of places where kids can hide drugs to keep from getting caught. The following lists the most popular places where kids and teens hide their drugs from the prying eyes of parents and authorities.
1. Highlighters or pens. Your teen-ager may look like he’s seriously studying since he has his highlighter with him all the time but that innocent-looking writing tool may be where your son keeps his secret marijuana stash or other illegal drugs. Marijuana or hash may be stored in the space between the nib of the highlighter and the edge of its cap.
2. Lip gloss or lipstick. It’s rare that tubes of lip gloss or lipstick containers are checked for drugs, that’s why these are such good hiding places. Ecstasy tablets or even LSD can be concealed safely inside lip gloss or lipstick containers. Small amounts of Cocaine or other illegal drugs can also be hidden inside lip gloss tubes.
3. In cars. Sometimes the best place to hide something is in the most obvious place. There are a lot of places where kids can hide drugs in cars–from under the hood to the area below the dashboard, where they can tape tea bags of marijuana or cocaine.
4. In pens or pen holders. Teenagers who use cocaine need paraphernalia to be able to use this drug. Sometimes, miniscule amounts of this drug are hidden in pens, since pen barrels can be used to snort cocaine. You can also check handy compact mirrors for traces of Cocaine.
5. Underneath toilet tanks. Wrapped in plastic, small amounts of illegal drugs can safely be taped beneath toilet tanks and be safe from detection. Bathrooms with exhaust fans are also the perfect place for kids to smoke marijuana. Some even go as far as lining a toilet paper tube with dryer paper and blow through this to dissipate the smell of marijuana.
6. Candy wrappers. Candy or gum can be removed from their wrappers, replaced with tiny amounts of illegal drugs, and then the ends of the wrappers are glued shut.
7. Belt buckles. A lot of belt buckles are being sold in the Internet or other shops that have secret compartments to hide drugs. Some can even be transformed into a pipe to smoke marijuana with. Ordinary belt buckles, likewise, can hold a small amount of illegal drugs.
8. Behind posters. Posters tacked on walls offer a huge area wherein kids can hide drugs. Drugs that can be stored as flat as possible, such as Marijuana, Cocaine or Heroin can be placed inside a small bag and taped to the wall. Posters are then tacked over them to conceal the illegal drugs.
9. Inside socks. Sock drawers are usually messy, especially in teen-agers’ rooms, and can be a good place to hide drugs. Small packets of illegal drugs can be hidden inside a sock and stashed beneath a couple of socks.
10. In game consoles. Most game consoles have hollow parts in them that can be good hiding places for different illegal drugs.
The worldwide problem of drug abuse is far from being solved and addressed completely. But you can start helping put a stop to this and preventing your kids from wrecking their lives with illegal drugs by knowing where and how they hide these harmful substances.